Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Been a While

I'm taking one day at a time. I've found a new church. I'm not as active. I have trouble going some days. I miss my old church family dearly...I hear a song Stacey used to sing or I see something that reminds me of them and it tears my heart out. I know my decision is the reason I can no longer be there but I lost a huge part of myself. My ex is not paying child support so I'm having to take him to court. Who would have thought he wouldn't help take care of his children? Of course after all the things he did after the fact, it doesn't actually surprise me. I admit I made my share of mistakes but at least I owned up to them. He's lying on top of it all. I have witnesses and pictures. We'll see what happens in court. The girls are doing great. I don't think the 50/50 custody is good for them. Not enough stability. That's another thing we'll do in court this week. He has a girlfriend now so I wish he'd just move on, pay his support. He buys Faith a cell phone but she's not allowed to call her own mother. He acts like he's this faithful, good guy but it's all a charade. My true friends and family know the truth and that's all that really matters. My decision is no ones business nor is it for anyone to "understand". Unless you're in someones shoes you can't. My girls are healthy and HAPPY...probably better than they have in a long time. I'm having fun and meeting a lot of new people..my prince charming will come one day. Right now my focus is my girls and getting us out of our financial situation that he helped get us into. My only regret in this whole thing is that I didn't do this a long time ago!!!

4 comments:

Penny said...

Hey! We miss you! Hope things start going better for you & the girls. If you need anything let us know. We will continue praying for you. Merry Christmas!

Melissa said...

Thank you Penny!! I miss you all SO MUCH..

Perri said...

Melissa, I don't know a single person who wouldn't be happy to see you walk through the doors at LHCC. I miss seeing you. I know the youth kids do.

I hope things work out for you.

Staci said...

Sounds like things are progressing. I hate that this is all so hard for you guys. I know what you mean about leaving LHCC...our church's worship team is nothing at all like LHCC...Stacey's voice is...well, she's an angel, but everything else, so far, is just the way it should be. People let me get involved and help me along rather than judge me for my actions outside of church, and believe me, they all know my issues because I felt comfortable enough to share everything with my Pastors and youth leaders. That's what makes it so amazing and homey to me. Anyway, I hope you can find that again...I love and miss you!

Me & my girls

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker